Banana bread fans far and wide, this is the recipe you have been waiting for. It’s simple, quick and oh so effective. I promise it won’t disappoint.
Coming from a novice baker, who often turns a supposedly simple viccy sponge into a pancake or a pancake mix into something resembling scrambled eggs, this banana bread recipe is something that goes right every time.
There’s heaps of spices and flavours in my recipe, it just tastes so good and makes the kitchen smell delicious, I can’t help but add it to everything! A big warm slice of this banana bread pairs beautifully alongside a freshly brewed mug of our Simply Cinnamon chai blend, trust me.
So here’s to our first delicious recipe straight from Chhabra’s Kitchen, you’ve got to give this one a chai! Share your banana bread snaps with us on Instagram or Twitter @chhabraschai
Love Ruby x
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self-raising flour
- 60ml milk
- A heaped teaspoon of the ‘Chhabra’s Chai’ loose tea blend (or 2 teaspoons, the more the merrier really)
- Chopped walnuts, or pecans or both
- Chocolate Chips (no limit)
Prep: 10min | Cook: 35min | Ready in: 45min
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Gently stir in the flour and the milk.
- Add in a heaped teaspoon of the Chhabra’s Chai masala blend (and any other optional spices or toppings), mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping (if that’s how you like it)
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!